PRP For Men
Conveniently located to serve the areas of Rancho Cucamonga, CA
PRP is an effective solution for restoring a man’s sexual health and well-being. Sexual problems can arise at just about any age in men, however, these are typically more common in their older years. Maintaining healthy sexual well-being is important for overall quality of life. But, when problems start to occur with erectile health and function, this can spell disaster for a man’s self-confidence. Thankfully, the experts at Channell Wellness & Aesthetics have the tools, resources, and expertise to help men reclaim their mojo in the bedroom. With platelet-rich plasma (PRP), men can see restorative effects in their penis’s function and erectile strength. To schedule your PRP session, please fill out this online form and a member of our staff will be in touch shortly. If you would like to reach us directly, please call our front desk at (909) 483-1236.
About Erectile Dysfunction
While the conversation around it might feel taboo, erectile dysfunction is a common experience for men of all ages. Currently, around 50% of 50-year-olds experience varying degrees of erectile dysfunction. That number interestingly increases to 60% for 60-year-olds and 70% for 70-year-olds. But, this is not just a problem for older men. More younger men are starting to report an inability to achieve or maintain a healthy erection for the entire duration of sexual intercourse. Others experience premature ejaculation. Around 23% of men over the age of 24 say they experience premature ejaculation. Unfortunately, researchers speculate that this problem won’t be going away anytime soon. By 2025, they speculate that 322 million men worldwide will experience various forms of erectile dysfunction. But what exactly causes erectile dysfunction?
There are many potential causes of erectile dysfunction that include:
- Certain medications like antidepressants
- Mental health disorders like anxiety and depression
- Nicotine use
- Poor metabolic health
Early Signs of ED
There are early signs of erectile dysfunction that can help you spot the problem before it worsens. When you understand the causes of the problem, you will be able to treat it more effectively. One early sign of erectile dysfunction is fewer morning erections. A man typically has 3-5 erections a night. So, if you are experiencing fewer instances of “morning glory”, then you might benefit from erectile dysfunction treatment.
Another common sign is lowered libido. Not being “in the mood” for long periods may be an indicator of low-libido and a sign of changes within your body’s physiology. However, everyone’s libido is different, and some men are born with naturally lower sex drive. So, it is important to track how you’re feeling and if you have noticed any changes.
How PRP Can Help
For those with mild to moderate degrees of erectile dysfunction, PRP might be the perfect addition to your health and wellness regimen. The science behind PRP is to harness the power of your body’s own restorative systems. Our blood is made of many different restorative properties that work to heal tissue when an injury occurs. These properties include platelets, plasma, and white blood cells. When our skin gets cut or a ligament tears, our body deposits these properties in the damaged tissue to help regenerate cells, minimize bleeding, and restore that area’s function. With PRP treatments, we extract these restorative properties from your blood and strategically direct them to weakened or atrophied cells. This concentration of PRP cells has around 3 to 7 times more platelet concentration than normal blood. When we use PRP to rejuvenate a man’s sexual well-being, research has shown that men with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction see stronger erections that last longer.
Benefits of PRP
- Harder erections
- Increased penis size
- Increased sensation
- Improved prostate function
- Improved urinary incontinence
The first step to overcoming erectile dysfunction with restorative PRP is to schedule a personal consultation at our Rancho Cucamonga offices. If this is your first time with us, we will begin with a brief new patient intake interview and a physical examination. We will ask about your symptoms and learn about your health and lifestyle to see if we can understand your condition better. PRP can also be used during a microneedling session to fight against signs of aging in your complexion. After listening to your desired results, we will create a comprehensive treatment plan to address your erectile dysfunction and any other concerns you might have as well. Before your treatment, we will give you a list of preparatory steps to follow before your treatment.
We begin a PRP session by taking a blood draw. We then run your blood sample through a centrifuge. At a high velocity, the denser red blood cells sink to the bottom and the plasma, white blood cells, and platelets rise to the top to form the “buffy coat” layer. We then take the golden buffy coat layer and formulate it into an injectable serum. We administer the injection into the penis quickly and virtually painlessly.
Recovery & Results
After your procedure, your penis might be a little tender from the needle, but you should be able to resume your daily activities as normal (yes, that includes sex). Within the next month, you will notice that your penis has increased sensitivity and size and that you now have harder, stronger erections.
Other Treatments for ED
There are many facets to and causes of erectile dysfunction. One might be cardiovascular health, and another might be related to hormone imbalances. Understanding what is causing your particular case of sexual dysfunction is crucial to treating it effectively. This might lead us to recommend Bioidentical Hormone Therapy or Medical Weight Loss Programs. By raising the necessary hormones back to baseline levels through hormone therapy, we can treat any hormone deficiency that may be causing poor erectile health. Also, being at a healthy, stable weight is important for your cardiovascular health. So, we may also recommend a weight loss program to get you on the right track to better health all around.
How Much Does PRP Cost in Rancho Cucamonga?
- Mobley, D. F., Khera, M., & Baum, N. (2017). Recent advances in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 93(1105), 679–685. https://doi.org/10.1136/postgradmedj-2016-134073
- Porst, H., Montorsi, F., Rosen, R. C., Gaynor, L., Grupe, S., & Alexander, J. (2007). The Premature Ejaculation Prevalence and Attitudes (PEPA) survey: prevalence, comorbidities, and professional help-seeking. European urology, 51(3), 816–824. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2006.07.004
- McKinlay, J. (2000). The worldwide prevalence and epidemiology of erectile dysfunction. International Journal of Impotence Research, 12(S4), S6–S11. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijir.3900567
- Yafi, F. A., Jenkins, L., Albersen, M., Corona, G., Isidori, A. M., Goldfarb, S., Maggi, M., Nelson, C. J., Parish, S., Salonia, A., Tan, R., Mulhall, J. P., & Hellstrom, W. J. (2016). Erectile dysfunction. Nature reviews. Disease primers, 2, 16003. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrdp.2016.3
- Liu, Q., Zhang, Y., Wang, J., Li, S., Cheng, Y., Guo, J., Tang, Y., Zeng, H., & Zhu, Z. (2018). Erectile Dysfunction and Depression: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 15(8), 1073–1082. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2018.05.016
- Zou, Z. J., Chen, S. T., Ma, G. C., Lai, Y. F., Yang, X. J., Feng, J. R., Zang, Z. J., Qi, T., Wang, B., Ye, L., & Zhang, Y. (2020). Consecutive nightly measurements are needed for accurate evaluation of nocturnal erectile capacity when the first-night laboratory recording is abnormal. Asian journal of andrology, 22(1), 94–99. https://doi.org/10.4103/aja.aja_40_19
- Hesseler, M. J., & Shyam, N. (2019). Platelet-rich plasma and its utility in medical dermatology: A systematic review. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 81(3), 834–846. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2019.04.037
- Poulios, E., Mykoniatis, I., Pyrgidis, N., Zilotis, F., Kapoteli, P., Kotsiris, D., Kalyvianakis, D., & Hatzichristou, D. (2021). Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Improves Erectile Function: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. The journal of sexual medicine, 18(5), 926–935. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2021.03.008