Injectables like Botox and Juvéderm are fast, minimally invasive treatments that can effectively address signs of aging. Juvéderm is a dermal filler that is injected beneath the skin, to add volume, while Botox is a neuromodulator that is injected into the facial muscles whose movements are responsible for lines and wrinkles. Both injectables smooth wrinkles, and are versatile and popular options for a rejuvenated appearance. While Botox and Juvéderm are the most popular injectables on the market today, Channell Wellness & Aesthetics offers other anti-aging injectables to our clientele including dermal fillers such as Radiesse and Sculptra.
As we grow older, we experience changes in our facial tissue’s structure, as the production and maintenance of key substances that help to maintain a fresh, firm, and youthful face begins to wane. We produce less collagen, which leads to the loss of elasticity, and less hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that allows our skin to retain moisture. At the same time, subcutaneous fat tissue atrophies, leading to less volume in areas such as the cheeks, lips, and temples. These changes are subtle and gradual, but can make a substantial difference in our appearance over time. And while injectables do not stop or reverse the aging process, they remain an effective and quick solution for those seeking targeted improvements.
Dr. Patricia Guevara-Channell and her staff provide patients with non-surgical aesthetic treatments and integrative medicine to help them restore beauty and vitality, and feel their very best. Her Rancho Cucamonga patients enjoy injectable treatments and approaches that are customized to their individual needs. If you desire a smoother, refreshed appearance and want to learn more about what Botox and Juvéderm can do for you, contact us today at (909) 483-1236 to set up a personal consultation!
- 1 About Injectables
- 2 Before and After Photos
- 3 Benefits of Injectables in Rancho Cucamonga
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 How Much Do Injectables Cost in Rancho Cucamonga?
- 11 References
Botox and Juvéderm are FDA-approved methods that reduce and eliminate wrinkles so patients may achieve a more youthful appearance. Your unique needs and the types of wrinkles you want to treat will determine whether Botox or Juvéderm is right for you, or whether combining these treatments is the most effective solution!
Botox is a purified protein created using the botulinum toxin, which, in small amounts, will relax facial muscles and prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. (1) Botox is versatile, and can be used to combat lines around the eyes, nose, mouth, and forehead. It can also add a lift to the brow and upper lip by preventing specific muscles from contracting. We are constantly moving our facial muscles, and as the quality of our skin declines with age, facial expressions can cause unwanted lines and wrinkles. Over time, these lines become more pronounced as we furrow our brows, laugh, frown, smile, and squint. Botox may also be injected into the jaw muscles for a more streamlined, facial shape; or the chin to soften dimpling.
Juvéderm can be injected nearly anywhere in the entire facial region to restore volume loss. Unlike Botox, which only targets “dynamic” wrinkles, Juvéderm minimizes the age lines that are present when your face is at rest. This injectable gel literally “fills” in wrinkles, and is injected just under the skin. Juvéderm contains a synthetic version of hyaluronic acid, which our body naturally produces. This important molecule is able to bind to the water molecules in our dermis to rejuvenate areas of the face, promoting collagen reproduction and hydration for a fuller, healthier, more beautiful appearance.(2) Channell Wellness & Aesthetic offers five selections of Juvéderm dermal gel fillers: Juvéderm Voluma XC; Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC; Juvéderm Volbella XC; Juvéderm Ultra XC; and Juvéderm Vollure. Each of these fillers is specially designed to be used in different areas of the face for the best results.
Before and After Photos
Benefits of Injectables in Rancho Cucamonga
Juvéderm and Botox are fast, minimally-invasive, effective anti-aging procedures with a short recovery phase that allows our patients to get back to their lives immediately after treatment. Benefits include:
- Long-lasting results
- Customizable treatments
Additional benefits of Juvéderm include facial contouring, and the natural promotion of collagen production as the hyaluronic acid improves moisture and the health of the dermis.
For either injectable, patients should be in good health and over the age of 18. Pregnant women should avoid Juvéderm and Botox until after they’ve given birth and completed breastfeeding. Candidates for Botox treatment include individuals seeking to minimize wrinkles from facial expressions or address other concerns such as a dimpling chin or a gummy smile. You may not be a good candidate for Botox if: (1)(2)
- You’ve experienced an adverse reaction to botulinum toxin
- You’ve had a previous infection around the treatment site, or are currently experiencing an outbreak in the treatment area
- You have a neuromuscular disorder
Candidates for Juvéderm include those experiencing lines and wrinkles or who wish to have additional volume in certain areas of their face. You may not be a good candidate if you experience adverse reactions to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine, or if you have an active infection near the treatment area. (3)
Dr. Patricia Guevara-Channell is a board-certified physician who has helped numerous patients achieve optimal health through holistic care. She has practiced privately since 1988 and has performed Botox and dermal fillers for patients since 2012. Dr. Guevara-Channell can help you put your best face forward with a quick, simple treatment with injectables such as Botox, Juvéderm or with a combination of the two. If you seek tools to combat the visible effects of aging (while still enjoying the maturity and wisdom you’ve gained along the way), we invite you to set up a consultation by calling (909) 483-1236.
Juvéderm and Botox treatments are completed in less than one hour. Prepare for each of these procedures by:
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications and supplements such as aspirin, Vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, St. John’s Wort, ginseng, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil and other NSAIDS, for up to two weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoiding alcohol for up to 24 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Scheduling the procedure at least two weeks prior to an important event. Full results can take up to one week to become visible, and there is the chance of bruising and swelling.
- Eat breakfast and hydrate before the procedure to prevent feeling lightheaded.
- Be sure to let us know if you experience cold sores. She may prescribe an anti-viral medication prior to the procedure to prevent an outbreak.
- Avoid tweezing or waxing near the treatment area.
- Minimizing sun exposure–sunburned skin can be both painful and difficult to treat.
- Informing your doctor of current medications and your medical history.
The Botox procedure takes less than 15 minutes. Using a very thin needle, Dr. Guevara will inject the botulinum toxin directly into the muscles that cause unwanted movement and wrinkles. The human face contains 43 muscles, but she will carefully target only the muscles that produce wrinkles, to produce the desired effect. Additional procedures may be necessary depending on your facial structure, the amount of fine lines or wrinkles, and overall aesthetic goals.
The Juvéderm treatment takes between 15 and 60 minutes. Dr. Guevara will inject Juvéderm into the middle to deep layer of the patient’s skin. She is an experienced injector, and will use a variety of injection techniques to ensure that the gel is placed in the optimal depths and locations to provide the best possible results. This allows it “fill in” hollow regions and fine lines on the face. Juvéderm also helps to plump lips, add contour to the cheeks and chin, and reduce other folds and wrinkles. (2)
After either treatment, a gently applied ice pack can help patients to reduce redness and swelling. The following tips can aid in recovery from Juvéderm and Botox injections.
Follow these suggestions to prevent Botox from migrating to the surrounding muscles, as well as to prevent additional bruising or swelling.
- Wait at least one day after treatment before exercising.
- Wait several hours after treatment before lying down.
- Wait at least one day after treatment before applying makeup.
- Do not apply pressure or touch your face for one to three days post-treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for at least one day after the procedure.
- Avoid skin treatments the day after Botox treatment.
- Wait one to two days after treatment for sun exposure.
Juvéderm, like Botox, is a simple non-surgical treatment. Depending on the preference of our patients, they may return to work, driving, and daily activities right after treatment. We recommend the following to maximize results and speed recovery:
- Keep your head elevated for several days post-procedure.
- Avoid alcohol, exercise, smoking, applying makeup, and blood-thinning medications and supplements, for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid touching the treated area. (3)
Although the results from Botox aren’t immediate, it takes only a short amount of time for Botox to take effect. Within a few days, our patients notice a decrease in fine lines and wrinkles on the face, as well as a more relaxed appearance. Full results become visible after two to three weeks, for a noticeably fresh-faced, rejuvenated appearance.
Juvéderm creates an immediately noticeable difference, and final results are visible in a few days, once any side effects diminish and the gel settles into place. Similar to Botox, full results become visible within a few weeks of treatment. Depending on the Juvéderm dermal gel filler chosen, your results can last from a few months to nearly a year! Patients can look forward to increased volume in the cheeks; fuller lips; fewer fine lines and wrinkles including crow’s feet, marionette lines, and other age lines.
How Much Do Injectables Cost in Rancho Cucamonga?
Pricing for Juvéderm and Botox differ slightly–Juvéderm pricing is based on the number of syringes used, Botox is sold by the unit. The cost of your injectable session will depend on your aesthetic goals, and how much of the cosmetic is needed to achieve them. We would love to learn more about your unique desires to determine an accurate quote. To discuss your cosmetic goals and to receive a cost estimate, contact us at (909) 483-1236 to set up a one-on-one, no-obligation consultation at our Rancho Cucamonga office today.
- Dutta, S.R., Passi, D., Singh, M., Singh, P., Sharma, S., Sharma, A. (2016). Botulinum toxin the poison that heals: A brief review. National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery, 7(1), 10-16. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5242063/.
- Dickey, R.M., Louis, M.R., Cox, J.A., Mohan, K., Lee, E.I., & Nigro, M,G. (2016). Noninvasive Facial Rejuvenation. Part 2: Physician-Directed-Neuromodulators and Fillers. Seminars In Plastic Surgery. 30(3), 134-42. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4961509/.
- Lafaille, P. & Benedetto, A. Fillers: contraindications, side effects and precautions. Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2890129/.